November 24, 2011 Posted by Chris Tingom Filed under Coffee
In honor of Thanksgiving, I present a recipe for Turkish Coffee (yeah, I know, it’s a real stretch).
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon of extra finely ground coffee (powder consistency)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom, or 1 cardamom pod
- sugar (optional)
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in ibrik. If you do not have an ibrik, a small saucepan will work.
- Remove from heat and add coffee and cardamom.
- Return saucepan to heat and allow to come to a boil. Remove from heat when coffee foams.
- Again, return to heat, allowing to foam and remove from heat.
- Pour into cup, and allow to sit for a few minutes for the grounds to settle to the bottom of the cup. Cardamom pod may be served in cup for added flavor.